Veridian Continental War
|Veridian Continental War|
The Veridian Continental War, sometimes called the Ingenic War, was a region-wide conflict that took place in Veridis from 1940 until 1947. Preceded by the rise of the New Veridian Society and its subjugation of nearly all of Veridis, the conflict festered throughout the 1920s and 1930s, eventually coming to a head in late 1940. It involved nearly all of the Great Powers, and directly resulted in over 10 million deaths.
- 1910: Colonial states exist after conclusion of Great War.
- April 5th, 1921: Republica de Cercedo becomes the "New Society of Veridis" (Neuvo Sociedad de Veridis, or NSV) and begins outward campaigns of aggression towards its neighbor Santiso.
- March 3,1925: Zavala's government (penetrated with NSV agents) votes unanimously to cede its territory to the NSV. The capital remains at Puerto Mercedes. Territorial gains made in eastern Santiso push its de facto border back to the Rio Negro.
- 1925-1930: Northern Santiso is gradually conquered by the NSV.
- August 21, 1929: NSV forces launch Operation Hidalgo, the attack against the Zegoran Rubber Coast.
- January 1, 1930: Nova Zemlja (capital of the Rubber Coast) is surrounded and taken under siege by NSV land and naval forces.
- April 10, 1932: Frontline of the Rubber Coast actions stabilizes at the summits of the Sierra Movada after NSV forces cross the Rio Muerto.
- June 11, 1935: Port Enoch, long a neutral observer, surrenders to the surrounding NSV forces without firing a shot. A sizable Praetonian garrison is marched into captivity. Port Enoch is renamed Sao Luis.
- July 18, 1935: Santiso falls to the NSV after President Gaviria is assassinated and its opposition party takes control of the government.
- July 23, 1935: Valmiran revolution begins, with its Sociedad Roja members starting a campaign of terror internally. Valmiran Royal Family escapes to Rolica in the Fortaleza Islands.
- October 1, 1937: Northeastern Valmiero (under the influence of the Sociedad Roja) secedes and joins the NSV, surrounding Puerto Blanca on all sides.
- June 6, 1939: Valmiran Republic ceases to exist after Sociedad Roja members plant a bomb in its parliament building and kill hundreds of government officials.
- July 10, 1939: Vitoria (Fortaleza Islands) captured by NSV after prolonged island hopping campaign moving south from Los Canas in former Zavala.
- September 29, 1939: Rubber Coast falls to the NSV. Nova Zemlja renamed Santiago de Cristobal.
- February 11, 1940: Valmiero officially becomes part of the NSV. Surrounded on all sides, Puerto Blanca fights on alone...