North Point Lighthouse Service
The North Point Lighthouse Service, abbreviated as the NPLHS, is the service branch charged with the upkeep, protection, and maintenance of all lighthouses and navigational aids in North Point. It is a uniformed service, and officially part of the North Point Sea Command. The organization was founded in 1830, after several ships had grounded on the Line Reefs northeast of Lauderdale Island. As of 2010, there are over a thousand lighthouses, light towers, light ships, range lights, light buoys, and other types of navigational aids in North Point.