The Ever-Serving Army depicted in action
|Country||Covenant of Fraternal Faith|
|Allegiance||Reformed Oswinite Church|
|Engagements||Suffering of Trogg|
The Ever-Serving Army constituted the military forces aligned with the Church of the Reformed Fellowship of the Eternal Faith in the service of the Covenant of Fraternal Faith. Following rising tensions due to the Council of Trogg, the incipient Reformist Church called for the formation of a united army to defend Flamaguayan territory. Founded in 1521, the Ever-Serving Army constituted a standing military force with no restriction to deployment, composed of volunteers. This differed greatly from other armies in Flamaguay, often either intended to garrison specific regions, or drawing their manpower from mercenaries. The Army immediately saw action during the Suffering of Trogg, in which it was distinguished by the high morale of its troops. Gradually, the Ever-Serving Army was expanded to encompass the majority of all forces in Flamaguay, effectively becoming the first unified Flamaguayan army. The army was known as "Ever-Serving" due to the oath taken by its members, in which they pledged their allegiance to Oswin for all eternity.
The Ever-Serving Army was effectively a paper formation after 16xx, and was ultimately disbanded in 1733 due to the declining influence of the Church and the rising power of the nascent unified Flamaguayan state.
Many regiments in the armies of Flamaguayan successor-states trace their lineage back to the Ever-Serving Army.